Patient Activation: The key to controlling healthcare costs
We are passionate about helping individuals become more active and successful managers of their health. The stakes are high — self-management is the number one determinant of health outcomes and costs.
Our approach starts with the Patient Activation Measure® (PAM®). Results from this brief assessment allow us to apply a decade of global PAM research to help people overcome their barriers to better health. We know how to help individuals increase their level of activation, which is proven to reduce healthcare utilization.
Join the hundreds of healthcare organizations who are using PAM and our PAM-related programs to improve primary care, reduce ER visits and hospital readmissions, increase medication adherence, and strengthen wellness, disease management and case management programs.
The most scientifically validated activation model
More than a 150 independent, peer-reviewed studies have documented the validity and value of PAM® assessments across scores of disease states and demographically diverse populations. This research offers valuable insight for Insignia, and for its colleagues committed to accountable care, into how best to increase activation, improve an individual’s self-management abilities, and support the more effective and efficient use of healthcare resources. Review the research.
Making measurable strides in accountable care
The Patient Activation Measure® assessment tool is proven to help even the most challenging patients become more engaged in their own healthcare and disease management. Again and again, improvements in behavior and health activation have been documented, as have improved health outcomes and better use of resources.
PAM-based Health Activation Goes Online & Mobile
The Flourish® online health platform is built on an extensive foundation of PAM research, brought to life through an engaging online experience.
- Anchored by the Patient Activation Measure with over a decade of academic research on health activation
- Supports chronic condition management and wellness along with disease prevention
- Challenges and rewards users of all activation levels on their journey to develop self-mangement abilities
- Engages users with articles, tips, videos, quizzes, trackers, and other learning resources, all tailored to activation level
- Provides health coaches and health professionals with PAM-appropriate communications for interaction with users